Welcome to WDA
We provide resources and support to indigent defenders through
WDA is an association of Washington State defense attorneys and public defenders, social workers, investigators and those committed to improving indigent defense. We provide training, case assistance, and a legislative voice to those working in public defense.
Membership supports indigent defense in Washington. Members have access to:
Thinking of joining? Click here to read more about the benefits of being a member.
Already a WDA Member? Click here to request a password to our site.
CLE trainings are tuition-free for members. Last year, WDA offered over 100 hours of live CLE credits. You can find training that focus on trial advocacy, criminal law and procedure, juvenile law, dependencies and other civil matters.
- Past CLEs, which are available online for A/V credit.
Washington attorneys can receive FREE case assistance on their indigent cases. Case assistance includes brainstorming, assistance on motions and technical assistance.
- Contact Cindy Arends for assistance on felony cases.
- Contact Magda Baker for assistance on misdemeanor cases.
- Click here for more information on case assistance for representing children in dependency cases.
- Contact Jonathan Moore and Enoka Herat for case assistance in immigration cases.