Links and Additional Resources
This page is designed as a portal to help you with legal research on issues relating to children's representation in dependency actions.
The following statutes set out the law on dependencies and termination.
- RCW 13.34: Juvenile Court Act; Dependency and Termination of Parental Rights
- RCW 13.32A: Family Reconciliation Act
- RCW 13.24 Interstate Compact on Juveniles
- RCW 13.64 Emancipation of Minors
- RCW 13.50 Keeping and Release of Records by Juvenile Justice or Care Agencies
The RCW is searchable here.
Juvenile Court Rules
The WAC is searchable here.
- RPC Rule 1.1 Competence
- RPC Rule 1.2 Scope of Representation and Allocation of Authority between Client and Lawyer
- RPC Rule 1.3 Diligence
- RPC Rule 1.4 Communication
- RPC Rule 1.6 Confidentiality of Information
- RPC Rule 2.1 Advisor
The RPC is searchable here.
- In the Matter of the Dependency of A.K., 162 Wn.2d 632 (2007)
Washington State cases are searchable here.