Small, super awesome, defense firm in Everett seeking a full-time associate. Looking for a self-structured, punctual candidate that can quickly assess and form a strategic defense for our clients. The right candidate must be able to work independently, enjoy collaborating with colleagues and be interested in continually looking for way to improve the system. We inspire one another to provide consistently excellent work product. Every interaction with the firm’s clients must be compassionate and understanding. Looking for someone to set roots and grow with the firm’s needs. We are a fast-paced firm, never a dull moment and stand behind providing the best representation to each and every client. We will assess attitude and personality over experience.
Candidates must have desire for public defense and possess the following qualifications:
- Extremely detail oriented, punctual, organized, able to multi-task and handle cases from the onset through completion.
- Poised, polished and professional in self-appearance, courtroom demeanor as well as with clients, and work product.
- Ability to communicate effectively and have good negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Wicked sense of humor.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Must love dogs.
- Commitment to obtaining excellent outcomes for client.
Scope of Duties:
- Daily court appearances – must be quick on your feet and handle multiple appearances in 1 day.
- Litigation and trials .
- Travel required (must have a car, active DL and car insurance)
- Client management and interaction skills
- Legal research and writing
- Case evaluation and strategic analysis
- Client Consultations
- Jail visits
- Immediately handle existing caseload
• J.D. from an ABA accredited law school. We don’t care where you went to school, so long as you know your way around a courtroom, inspire confidence in our clients and are able to advance our excellent reputation.
• Admitted to the WSBA. (Required)
How to apply:
Please email a one (1) page letter of interest; along with resume no longer than two (2) pages.
All applications will be kept confidential.