The Benton County Office of Public Defense seeks statements of qualifications from qualified attorneys to provide public defense services on its Benton County Superior Court Team.
- For all felonies (Class A, B, and C) in Superior Court except for homicides and persistent offender cases
- Base annual compensation is $98,000/yr for 140 cases (2021-2022 rate). This will be paid in equal monthly installments of $7,933.33. Rate is anticipated to increase for 2021-2022 but the new rate has not been finalized yet.
- Additional compensation will be provided for (this is above and beyond the base annual compensation):
- Class A felonies – $700
- Material witness matters – $225
- Designed in-court representative (since most attorneys are attending court via Webex now) during regular criminal docket ($350 per day); or for Monday/Tuesday/Friday preliminary appearances ($175 per docket)(
- DOSA or SSOSA review on Attorney’s own case – $225 per year that review continues
- Post-sentencing matter on Attorney’s own case – $225
- Trial per diem – $400 per day/$200 per half day
- This RFQ does not have a deadline. However, the need for an attorney to fill this contract is imminent and the contract may be awarded immediately as Benton County sees fit. Therefore, early or immediate submission of application is recommended.
- One contract to be awarded
- Contract period to start ASAP and run until December 31, 2022
For more information, including how to apply, click here: Benton County RFQ