Columbia Legal Services seeks two (2) full-time bilingual (English/Spanish) Staff Attorneys to join our statewide
advocacy team. Our staff attorneys engage in systemic, multi-forum legal advocacy and community engagement
to dismantle the structures that perpetuate poverty, racism, and other injustices in Washington and increase
communities’ access to political power. Due to an increase in funding and advocacy opportunities, we are filling
multiple positions and seek a mix of both developing (0+ years) and more experienced candidates. All interested
applicants who meet the qualifications are encouraged to apply. The positions are based in Kennewick, WA and
• Collaborate with advocates on complex trial, appellate, and class action litigation in state, federal, and
• Advance policy advocacy in the state legislature and at the local and federal level.
• Investigate practices and laws identified by the communities we serve that affect their rights or benefits,
perpetuate poverty and racism, or impact access to political power, and devise creative strategies for
addressing these problems.
• Collaborate with community groups to support their initiatives and strategies.
• Coordinate with other advocacy groups, legal services organizations, and the private bar to identify
opportunities to advance the law for our client populations and communities.
• Analyze complex problems using a race equity lens and develop creative, practical, systemic solutions in
conjunction with clients and communities most impacted by these problems.
• Experienced attorneys are expected to provide mentorship to others at CLS.
For more information, including how to apply, click here: Staff Attorney (Kennewick-Yakima) Position Announcement