Finding Legal Inform...

Finding Legal Information
  • My loved one is incarcerated in Washington State, how do I find my incarcerated loved one?


State Prisons

City & County Jails




  • I know that my attorney is a public defender, how do I contact the state or federal public defender office?

The state link includes a list of public defender offices who provide indigent defense across Washington state.  Some counties and cities have hired independent contractors to provide indigent defense services in their courts.      If you do not find the defender office serving the court, where you or someone you care about has a court hearing, please contact the court in which the charges are filed.

  • How can I find legal help?

For help identifying your legal problem, to find a publicly filed court case in WA State,  or learn about your legal rights.

For legal assistance in Washington State that is free

For legal assistance in Washington State that is low or reduced cost

For legal assistance on appeal