JustLead Washington seeks a talented and experienced manager to take leadership responsibility for advancing our organization’s day-to-day operations and growth, consistent with and accountable to our stated vision, values, and organizational purpose.
The Managing Director will take a leadership role in both internal and external operations, focusing primarily but not exclusively on relationship-building, organizational business development for sustainability, and team support. The position represents an intentional step in shifting JustLead leadership from a traditional hierarchical Executive Director model to a shared leadership approach. The new Managing Director will be responsible for the following roles & functions:
1. Working with staff and board to identify and implement strategic priorities
2. Supervising staff members who are engaged in leadership and equity-focused services, including providing ongoing support and professional development opportunities
3. Building and stewarding meaningful relationships with individuals and organizations that work to promote equity and racial justice within the legal system, including consulting and community partners and potential donors
4. Creating and maintaining an organizational culture which attracts, retains, and motivates diverse and high-quality staff, consultants, and volunteers, including the development of workplace guidelines and boundaries
5. Developing and implementing a communications plan capable of supporting JustLead’s programs and goals and growing an actively engaged network of donors, collaborative partners, and program alumni
6. Helping to ensure JustLead’s sustainability while growing and strengthening JustLead’s
equity & justice leadership role at the local, regional, statewide, and national levels.
For more information, including how to apply, click here: JustLead Managing Director Position Announcement