Salary : $76,950.17 – $149,126.04 Annually
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type : Multiple job types-career service and/or temp
Department : DPD – Dept of Public Defense
Job Number : 2023FF17835
Closing : 7/2/2023 11:59 PM Pacific
DPD is recruiting skilled, energetic advocates committed to providing high-quality legal representation to indigent clients and joining us in our fight to dismantle a harmful and racist system. We’re looking for dedicated, hard-working attorneys who possess excellent trial, research, and writing skills and an ability to think critically and creatively in a fast-paced environment. DPD practices in several areas, including felonies, misdemeanors, juvenile defense, family defense (dependency cases), involuntary commitment (mental illness), sex offender commitment, and contempt of court. Salary: $76,950 – $149,126 + excellent benefits.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO:
- Can provide client-driven representation that includes frequent and detailed communication with the client, choosing the most effective medium for the client.
- Champion equity and social justice; understand pervasive, systematic racism and its long-term effects; feels comfortable engaging in candid and sincere conversations with all interested parties about race and equity in our work.
- Possess excellent communication skills. Can effectively communicate to all interested parties their analysis either spoken or in writing.
- Can manage a high caseload in a fast-paced environment.
- Feel comfortable working with diverse clients (race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, and national origin).
In addition, it is highly desirable if you:
- Have proficiency in languages other than English, particularly Spanish.
- Possess clinical training in public defense.
- Have lived experience involving the criminal legal system shared by DPD’s clients.
For more information, click here.