Salary: $28.64 – $36.30 per hour
Closes: February 14, 2019
Typical duties include:
- Review cases, investigate facts and underlying issues; review legal documents, technical data and all other relevant information in a case.
- Notify/inform witnesses, attorneys and other parties on case status; coordinate parties and witnesses for hearings or trials; schedule interviews with attorneys, victims and witnesses; set administrative hearings.Perform legal research of statutes and cases, with an emphasis on statutes related to post-conviction relief; gather facts, analyze data and review cases; conduct conflict of interest checks in cases assigned.
- Interview parties and make recommendations in preparation of hearings; explain various legal programs, policies, procedures and ramifications.
- Draft correspondence, pleadings, and motions; prepare hearing exhibits; prepare case files.
- Process and serve legal documents/subpoenas. Obtain documents by subpoena and other investigations and discovery method.
- Develop and maintain caseload and case assignments tracking system and database. Provide support in the maintenance and updating of computerized case-management system.
- Assist at hearings.
- Serve as liaison with prosecutors, probation officers, bailiffs, judges, criminal justice agencies, other agencies, jurisdictions and clients.
- Support attorney time record keeping and assist in the submission of hours and monitor progress of cases.
- Perform community outreach both independently and in collaboration with the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply: This recruitment is open to all qualified applicants. Special duty applicants must have approval from their current supervisor to accept the assignment. DPD Ethical Walls Policies and Procedures will apply to applicants.
- The Ethical Wall Policy for DPD allows for Administrative Staff to move between their original Division and The Director’s Office for purposes of Special Duty or Career development
- Current DPD Career Service Public Defense Paralegals, may apply via this recruitment for a temporary assignment opportunity in the Director’s Office
For more information regarding this position click here Public Defense Paralegal