Public Defense Attorney
Salary: $66,069.00 – $121,834.00
Closes: February 14, 2019
Depending upon assignment, duties may include the following:
- Provide legal representation and advocacy to indigent clients.
- Provide a high level of communication with a wide range of indigent clientele, including individuals with a lack of English proficiency.
- Handle all aspects of representation, from arraignment through sentencing and post-trial as necessary.
- Research, write and argue pretrial motions.
- Conduct plea negotiation and mitigation.
- Conduct jury or bench trials.
- Locate, work with and prepare experts in various fields.
- Work with clients struggling with mental illness, drug addiction, or other issues.
- Work with young adults, youth and children, (DPD attorneys can represent various age ranges of youth and children, include 25 and under, 21 and under, 18 and under, as young as infant and toddler depending upon practice area).
- Work closely with and in some instance lead a team of investigators, mitigation specialists and paralegals.
- Handle on call 24 hour coverage, which currently occurs approximately one week a year or two Saturday calendars
- Other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply: This recruitment is open to all qualified attorney candidates. DPD Ethical Walls Policies and Procedures will apply to applicants.
For more information regarding this position click here Public Defense Attorney