The Office of Equity and Social Justice (OESJ) Administrative Assistant serves as a critical and highly relied upon member of OESJ providing leadership in critical administrative services business functions. The position supports the Chief Equity & Inclusion Officer and the OESJ team in the planning and execution of the office’s vision, goals, and mission. OESJ serves King County (government and communities) in the advancement of pro-equity anti-racist approaches and practices.
To be successful, the person serving in this position will:
- Possess the ability to maintain effective relationships with diverse individuals; at all levels of the organization, always focusing on the value and dignity of each;
- Be able to utilize sound and thoughtful judgment in independent decision making;
- Navigate effectively in a fast-paced, large organizational, politically sensitive environment; including professional savvy in getting things done through both formal and informal channels;
- Demonstrate the ability to balance multiple and competing priorities in partnership with OESJ team members;
- Be detail oriented without losing sight of the county’s overall True North, and the role OESJ plays in achieving it; and
- Become a valued member of the Department’s administrative team.
For more information, including how to apply, click here.