We have an exciting opportunity for a SUPERVISING PUBLIC DEFENDER – ATTORNEY 3 to join our team.
The incumbent will be responsible for supervising other public defenders as well as preparing and trying complex felony cases in Superior Court.
This is an “at will” appointed position. An “at will” employee’s continued employment with the County is at the discretion of the Chief Public Defender and his/her appointment may be revoked at any time with or without cause and without right to appeal.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Required Education and Experience:
- Juris Doctorate from a recognized and accredited law school; AND,
- Ten years of criminal trial work experience; AND,
- An active member in good standing of the Washington State Bar Association.
- Sufficient trial experience to be qualified to handle all levels of felonies at trial
- Experience working with Kitsap County Courts
- Death Penalty Certification
- Supervisory and/or leadership experience
Criminal Conviction Standards:
- The successful incumbent will or may have unsupervised access to children under 18 years of age, a vulnerable adult, or a vulnerable person, or access to a secured/confidential facility or computer system(s). As a result, Kitsap County will be conducting an extensive criminal background check by law enforcement agencies, which will include fingerprinting.
For more information, including how to apply, click here.