Law Office of Jason Smith and North County Public Defense is looking to hire a 6th Associate Attorney to become a part of our team! You will represent clients charged with misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor criminal offenses in the Cities of Bellingham, Blaine, Everson, Lynden and Sumas Municipal Court.
- Represent clients in court.
- Prepare and draft legal pleadings and motions.
- Compassionately advise clients regarding their criminal charges.
- Negotiate plea agreements with City Prosecutors.
- Comply with all legal standards and Rules of Professional Conduct related to the practice of law.
- Conduct trials, argue motions, interview law enforcement, witnesses and victims.
- Draft and argue RALJ appeals to the Whatcom County Superior Court.
- Previous experience in criminal law preferred but not required.
- Spanish fluency preferred but not required.
- Member in good standing of the Washington State Bar Association or the ability to become licensed in Washington before beginning employment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn how to use Lawcus Legal Practice Management software.
Salary & Benefits:
- $70,000 – $80,000 dependent upon experience and/or Spanish fluency.
- Full medical, dental and vision 100% paid by NCPD. You only pay co-pays.
- 2 weeks guaranteed PTO.
- Gym membership if desired.
- Opportunities for advancement to felony criminal practice if qualified (or if you become qualified) only if desired.
Please send resume and cover letter to Jason Smith at email@example.com