The Legal Foundation of Washington (LFW) envisions a society where poverty or race is not an impediment to justice. We remove barriers to the justice system by funding programs that provide high quality civil legal services to people who experience poverty in Washington State.
Since our creation in 1984, LFW has invested over $200 million in our state’s legal aid system. LFW is an independent nonprofit organization led by a nine-member board of trustees who oversee multiple revenue sources that total over $10 million annually.
LFW seeks a Grants Coordinator to support the administration of our $10 million portfolio of grants and grant support services to civil legal aid nonprofits organizations across Washington State. We seek someone passionate about our mission and dedicated to accessible, equitable and effective grantmaking.
The Role of the Grants Coordinator
The Grants Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Working with applicants and grantees through the entirety of the grants cycle, including application support, progress monitoring and reporting
- Preparing reports about grantee performance for staff, board members and other stakeholders
- Helping identify needs and providing technical assistance to grantees to operate effectively
- Working closely with grantees and LFW’s finance team to ensure timely grant payments
- Participating in the development, implementation and optimization of grants administration systems
- Managing a suite of technical support functions provided to LFW grantees
For more information, including how to apply, click here: Grants Coordinator 2021