NJP’s Spokane office seeks a full-time, experienced legal assistant to assist attorneys who provide legal services to our clients. As an office offering services in a variety of practice areas, support could include attorneys practicing family law, housing, public benefits, and consumer protection.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, legal pleadings, and other documents independently and consistent with attorney instructions.
- Maintain legal files and records in the case management system.
- Manage litigation, mediation, and outreach calendars.
- Work collaboratively with other legal assistance and reception to cover support staff absences.
- Shares responsibility for coverage of the front desk.
- Assist in filing pleadings, recording documents, and arranging service of process.
- Assist in client communication, fact development, and limited computer-assisted legal research.
- Assist in arranging, preparing, and attending community outreach and education.
- Coordinate client, interpreter, and attorney scheduling, communicate regularly with advocates, clients, and attorneys.
- Perform investigative work (research facts, gather discovery, access databases, compile medical and financial records, etc.) as requested.
- Track case information, grant compliance, client statistics, and outreach to assist in developing reports.
- Have or develop knowledge of NJP projects and outside referral sources in order to respond to client needs and questions and help clients access other legal, health, and social service providers.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with our clients and the community.
- Clerical, administrative, and other tasks as assigned.
Starting salary is based upon years of experience, with an annual salary range starting at $42,392.
For more information, including how to apply, click here.