The position will also involve building and strengthening NJP’s partnership with other South Sound organizations serving veterans. The attorney hired will work in collaboration with other NJP staff to address high priority cases and provide a full range of legal services to clients.
The position will collaborate with other NJP attorneys representing veterans, and will collaborate with attorneys in other programs in Washington’s Alliance for Equal Justice.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES:
• Represent eligible veterans and their family members by providing advice and brief services, negotiation and representation in court and administrative proceedings.
• Work collaboratively with others to identify and address the most important problems that affect low-income veterans and their families.
• Do outreach events and otherwise engage with veteran service providers, government and non-profit organizations and the local veterans’ community.
• Train veteran services providers to spot legal issues and refer appropriate cases.
• Develop collaborative working relationships with a statewide network of advocates addressing similar and related issues throughout the state; participate in advocacy task forces or work groups to address systemic issues.
• Utilize NJP’s case management and timekeeping systems and comply with all applicable regulatory requirements and reporting needs.
• Help identify and develop on-line resources for use by attorneys and/or unrepresented litigants.
• Support the work of NJP partners including the volunteer lawyers, private attorneys, other legal aid providers and interested parties and organizations addressing the legal needs of veterans.
Starting salary is based upon years of experience, with an annual salary range starting at $63,233.
For more information, including how to apply, click here.