QLaw Foundation is actively seeking attorneys for our Family Matters Legal Clinic program!
This program is a full-representation legal clinic that helps LGBTQ+ families attain legal orders affirming their legal parental relationship with their children. These are all non-contested cases, and are almost all second-parent adoptions, with a few third-parent adoptions and confirmation of parentage orders. All work can be done remotely, and representation generally lasts 3-5 months, depending on the family.
QLaw Foundation provides:
- malpractice insurance coverage
- low-bono compensation (between $400 and $800 per completed case)
- 6 hours of video CLE training
- technical and filing support as needed (prior family law experience is helpful but not required!)
- template pleadings
- client agreements and initial client meeting support
- Active WA bar license in good standing
- Ability to complete CLE training and start representation in November/December
- Affirmation and support of all LGBTQ+ families, including families of color, families living in poverty, undocumented families, and non-traditional families
We have several families who are waiting to be matched with attorneys and we’d like to get them started as soon as possible! If you are interested, please fill out our New Volunteer Questionnaire and be sure to indicate that you are interested in the Family Matters Legal Clinic. And in the meantime, check out our Family Matters Legal Clinic webpage and video for an introduction to LGBTQ+ legal parentage and our program! Email email@example.com with any questions.