The City of Sunnyside is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all, and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, or salary history in employment.
Salary Range: $8,250.00/month
Closing Date: 11/18/2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Scope of Services:
The Public Defender for the City of Sunnyside will be responsible for providing representational services, including lawyer service and appropriate support staff services, sentencing advocacy, investigatory and legal services. Some essential services include the following:
• Interview of clients and potential witnesses
• Legal research, preparation and filing of pleadings
• Negotiations with appropriate prosecutor or other agency and court regarding possible dispositions
• Preparations for and appearance at court proceedings
• Please refer to the Request for Qualifications packet for a full listing of requirements
In order to be considered for this contract you/your firm must have the following experience and education:
• Juris Doctorate Degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
• A member in good standing of the Washington State Bar Association
• Ability to be insured for general commercial, professional liability and automobile liability in amounts satisfactory to the City
• Bi-lingual preferred.
The City of Sunnyside is seeking interested parties to submit a statement of qualifications which include the names of individuals who are proposed to provide public defense services and their areas of responsibility. A full description of the application materials required can be found on the City’s website www.ci.sunnyside.wa.us. All applications are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 18, 2022. Please direct any questions to City Clerk, Jacqueline Renteria at (509) 836-6301.
Human Resources 818 East Edison Avenue P | 509-836-6306
www.sunnyside-wa.gov Sunnyside, WA 98944 F | 509-837-3294
Public Defender – Sunnyside Municipal Court