compensation: $18.70/hr. plus benefits
employment type: full-time
Are you looking for a position in a fast paced law office? Do you have a courteous and efficient phone manner? Are you energized and motivated by the challenge of a job that is constantly moving and busy? Then you may be the right candidate for a Law Office Assistant position at the Snohomish County Public Defender Association.
We are a private non-profit law office. Our goal is to provide the highest quality legal representation to our clients facing loss of liberty under criminal or civil law that do not have the financial resources to pay for such services. As such we are looking for a top notch candidate to fill our open position as Law Office Assistant to support this mission.
Interested Candidates, please apply by responding to posting with your cover letter and resume by 5:00 p.m. on 08/09/2019. — NO Calls or Walk-ins please.
The Law Office Assistant is responsible for all incoming calls, greeting guests and clients, clerical correspondence and computer projects as assigned. Position requires a high degree of confidentiality. Second Language is a plus.
Essential Job Functions (not limited to):
– Answer switchboard and route calls promptly.
– Greet visitors and notify person(s) being visited.
– Receive, sort, and promptly distribute mail. Assure delivery of outgoing mail.
– Prepare correspondence as requested.
– Set up and maintain client files.
– Make regular visits to court house to pick up or drop off documents.
– Deliver/Retrieve closed case files from storage facility.
– Maintains reception area.
– Other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions require heavy and frequent lifting and carrying of up to 40 pounds.
Qualifications & Physical Requirements :
– 1 year of office clerical experience.
– High school diploma or Equivalent.
– Type 50 Words per minute.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
– Courteous reception of visitors.
– Prompt arrival and regular attendance at work is a MUST.
– Frequent lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs, standing, walking and sitting.
– Able to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl and climb step ladder.
– Frequent stapling of thick papers for files.
– Frequent filing including standing, stooping and pulling out file draws which often requires reaching.
– Must be able to work at computer or desk area for extended periods of time.
Excellent benefit packages and competitive wage, EEO Employer
Please click here to apply.