Responsible for the overall operation of the Denney Juvenile Justice Detention Center during assigned shift, ensuring that custody and care are delivered in accordance with state laws, standards, agency policies, procedures, programs and schedules.
The successful applicant will likely be working an overnight shift schedule.
- Plans, schedules, supervises, and evaluates the work of subordinate staff; participates in the selection, hiring and termination of subordinate employees; supervises subordinate employees via coaching and counseling regarding work performance; initiates and participates in progressive discipline.
- Develops, supervises, and coordinates all training activities for detention employees; ensures required employee skill certifications are completed.
- Coordinates and develops program activities and services with other work groups within detention, the court and community partners; serves as community liaison through public and written presentations; prepares, presents and monitors grant applications through implementation, review and reporting.
- Assists in the development and implementation of Detention policies and procedures; reviews, analyzes and recommends improvements to operational policies and procedures.
- Reviews detention records and logs; enforces applicable laws and local standards regarding admissions or releases; reviews probable cause statements from law enforcement officers to ensure compliance with acceptable admission criteria; reviews and endorses written reports submitted by detention staff.
- In the absence of health services staff, makes health-related decisions concerning the admission of youth and/or the initiation of emergency protocols; ensures that the work environment is maintained in a safe and healthful condition; arranges for maintenance work or removal of hazards; requisitions supplies, materials and equipment as needed.
- Provides guidance and assistance with crisis management and conflict resolution methods involving staff, detainees and parents.
- Coordinates detainee transports with courts, medical, mental health and community referral agencies; arranges for security needs for hospital and/or other special needs of the court.
- Directs actions to be taken during emergencies or unusual circumstances; responsible for the safety and security of all departments at DJJC after hours, including, leading staff through emergency procedures and clearance of emergent situation, until situation is stable or properly relieved.
- Serves as a member of the divisional management team, participates in management/departmental meetings; participates in the preparation of the divisional goals and objectives.
For more information, including how to apply, click here.