Spokane County Public Defender’s Job Announcement for Attorney 1- Immediate Opening
Regular – $55,635.45 – $77,869.55 Annually. TOTAL COMPENSATION: $71,213 – $99,673
Total compensation is an estimate based upon base compensation, median retirement fund contributions, and current employer-paid health and related benefit contribution rates (including medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, and leave).
This position performs civil or criminal legal work for the Spokane County Public Defender. All work is performed within the policy guidelines of Public Defender and applicable law. License to practice law in the State of Washington is required.
Examples of Duties
- Assists or independently represents a client in court, at trials, hearings arraignments, depositions; arraigns defendants, argues release conditions, and schedules hearings; settlement negotiations; files legal documents and papers; and interviews witnesses and clients.
- Evaluates the facts and examines evidence of specific cases or assignments.
- Conducts legal research, provides legal opinions or memorandums and drafts deeds, leases, contracts and correspondence.
- Addresses issues, questions and concerns from clients regarding statutory procedures and requirements.
- Responds to written motions.
- Oversees the direct and cross examination of witnesses.
- Reviews plea paperwork for accuracy.
- Prepares trial memoranda and jury instructions.
- Performs other related duties as required/assigned.
If interested, contact:
Chief Deputy Director
Spokane County Public Defender
1033 W. Gardner Avenue
Spokane, WA 99260
(509) 477-4852 (phone)
(509) 477-2567 (fax)