Stewart MacNichols Harmell is a 15-attorney law firm that was established in 1992. We provide public defense services to several King County municipalities. This employment includes representation of clients at all stages of misdemeanor criminal proceedings, including trial. Our law firm has been on the cutting edge of restorative justice for many years. We have pioneered therapeutic courts (including four community courts) and initiated innovative programs for our clients. We emphasize a holistic approach to representation and have a reputation for our litigation skills. Three of our attorneys have become judges.
We offer competitive salary, medical, IRA and payment of all job-related expenses.
Please respond with resume and references
- Provide legal representation to clients in District and Municipal Court and local jails
- Maintain client relationships
- Prepare legal motions and documents
- Appear at daily criminal court calendars
- Manage a full public defense caseload
- JD and Washington State Bar membership in good standing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong legal knowledge and writing skills
- Ability to work well with co-workers, a diverse clientele, court employees and municipal counterparts
- Availability to start immediately
Send resumes to Jeff MacNichols at firstname.lastname@example.org