The Sentencing Project promotes effective and humane responses to crime that minimize incarceration and criminalization of youth and adults by promoting racial, ethnic, economic, and gender justice.
Working under the supervision of the Second Look Network Director, the Second Look Program Manager will provide support to lawyers and activists across the country who are dedicated to representing and supporting individuals seeking relief from long sentences.
The position offers a competitive salary based on accomplishments and experience. The Sentencing Project offers employee benefits that include generous paid time off, health insurance, and employer contribution to a retirement plan. The position is full-time. Remote candidates will be considered.
The Sentencing Project is seeking a Program Manager to provide administrative support to the Second Look Network, work collaboratively with the Network’s Director and Advisory Board, and oversee the smooth operation of Network meetings, convenings and communications. The Program Manager reports directly to the Second Look Network Director. The Second Look Network Director will be an experienced litigator with subject matter expertise. The Program Manager will complement and assist the Network Director in establishing and growing the Second Look Network by bringing project management and administrative experience.
This role is ideal for individuals deeply committed to racial justice and creating second chances for people serving extreme sentences who are excited to join and help scale an innovative national project. The ideal candidate will be driven, organized, and self motivated. The ideal candidate will also have strong project management and administrative experience, including budget oversight, robust writing skills, and excellent interpersonal skills with various stakeholders, including attorneys and formerly incarcerated people. The ideal candidate will also be prepared to manage the planning of the annual conference, whether through prior event planning, operations, or logistics experience, or by working with an event planning consultant.
- Provide administrative support to the Network, its director, and its committees, including maintaining a membership listserv and database and documenting Network decisions and policies
- Provide project management support to assist with the launch and scaling up of the Second Look Network
- Liaison with Network membership by answering questions, surveying needs, and collecting and analyzing data to assess outcomes
- Manage the operations and administration of events and meetings, both virtual and in person, for Network members, staff and colleagues, including scheduling, overseeing logistics, preparing meeting agendas and materials, and recording minutes
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of a Network webpage and clearinghouse of resources for members by working with web development consultants and communications staff
- Compile, draft and disseminate regular email updates and communications to Network members
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Commitment to racial justice and ending mass incarceration
- A minimum of 3 years of administrative and project management experience
- Strong proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and experience with project management software such as Monday.com
- Experience in event management and database management a plus
Candidates who are qualified by experience, skill, and personal motivation are invited to email a cover letter, resume, brief writing sample, and three references to Employment@sentencingproject.org. The Sentencing Project is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to cultural diversity and recruits without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities, or prior.
For more information, click here.