Thurston County Public Defense (TCPD) is currently recruiting for one Legal Assistant II position. This position serves as a primary customer service representative by providing assistance in explaining detailed regulations, procedures and complex requirements within the legal and judicial system. These positions also research and answer questions or inquiries from the public, law enforcement, or other agencies, reviews files, and inputs case information into database systems.
Placement for this position will be in the Fiscal and Administrative Unit. Primary duties and responsibilities for this position may vary, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs an in-depth review of all cases assigned to TCPD.
- Responsible for the initial intake and case assignment of District and Juvenile Court cases.
- Determines potential conflicts of interest within TCPD.
- Back-up for the initial intake and case assignment of Superior Court and Dependency cases.
- Back-up coverage for the reception desk.
- Maintains statistical assignment records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary range is $3,764.00 – $5,006.00 monthly. For more information, including how to apply, please click here.