WA Drivers Relicensing Taskforce will launch an educational campaign to support our legislative efforts during the 2021 calendar in Olympia, Counties & Municipal courts. We are looking for a Project Assistant to help us achieve our goals.
The WA Drivers Relicensing Taskforce is working on “ending the automatic suspension of a driver’s license for failing to respond to a notice of a civil traffic infraction for a moving violation, failing to appear at a hearing for a civil moving violation, or failing to pay (non-criminal tickets). Decriminalization of “driving while poor”.
Our Taskforce is part of a new national project in collaboration with King County and City of Seattle (CCFFJ). A national leadership network facilitated by “PolicyLink,” “San Francisco’s Financial Justice Project,” and the “Fines nd Fees Justice Center,” Cities & Counties for Fine and Fee Justice.
- Will work an average of eight (8) hours per week. Be willing to work some evenings.
- Experience working remotely with various internet tools. Must have reliable internet access.
- Taskforce Management: Collaborate with monthly taskforce meetings, agenda-setting, internal & external communication.
- Facilitate cross-taskforce collaboration: develop new relationships with prospective Taskforce members and supporters
- Collaborate with legislative efforts: lobbying meetings, statewide social media campaigns, legislative hearing, and testimonies.
- Others: Collaborate in the update of the assessment tracking tool, prepare reports as needed.
Compensation: $25 per hour (professional service contract) + $50 monthly cellular support.
Located anywhere within WA State.
Phase 1: starting ASAP until Jan 15th.
Future considerations for Phase 2 (Jan-July) will be based on the completion of tasks specified above.
Interviews will be done remotely.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org