Washington Defender Association (WDA), is seeking a part-time administrative assistant for general support in their Pioneer Square office.
ABOUT WASHINGTON DEFENDER ASSOCIATION
Washington Defender Association (WDA) is a professional organization that supports our state’s public defense community. We have 1600+ members who are public defenders, investigators and other legal workers representing people facing the consequences of criminal legal system involvement. We are a small but mighty organization guided by the belief that everyone belongs in the circle of human concern. We are dedicated to dismantling the barriers to belonging that burden all who are entangled in Washington State’s criminal legal system and disproportionately fall upon Black, Indigenous and People of Color and other marginalized groups, such as noncitizens, disabled people, and those with behavioral health challenges, substance use disorders, and who are neurodivergent.
The part-time administrative assistant position will provide general office support for legal staff, as well as provide customer service for members. Note this position is not remote. The hours for this position will be from approximately 9 AM to 1 PM, Monday through Friday. This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee, and others may be assigned.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Answering phones.
- Assisting members with questions regarding membership, website access and other general inquires.
- Receiving and processing mail.
- Working with vendors to maintain office equipment such as copiers and phones.
- Working with our accountant to organize and reconcile simple financial statements.
- Ordering office supplies and equipment.
- Providing simple IT help for our staff and working with our IT contractor to troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Scheduling Zoom calls.
- Light data entry.
- Administrative support for special projects and last-minute needs.
- 2 or more years administrative assistance in an office setting.
- The ability to work independently with minimal in-person supervision.
- Proficiency and professional experience with Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Cloud Services such as Word, Excel, Teams, Access and Sharepoint.
- Proficiency and professional experience with Microsoft Windows 10.
- Willingness to participate in-depth trainings on the above programs to gain experience.
- A commitment to equity, justice system reform and social justice issues that align with WDA’s values.
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Mailchimp, Zoom, and WordPress.
- Conversational Spanish.
- Familiarity with legal terminology and the justice system.
- $20 – $22 per hour DOE.
- Medical/Dental and other prorated benefits.
To apply, email Scott Shoemaker at email@example.com with a resume and cover letter. No phone inquiries or recruiters.
WDA is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and encourage those of diverse backgrounds and marginalized communities to apply. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable characteristics.