Hiring Salary: $5,411 – 5,581 per month, DOQ Closing Date: November 9, 2020 at 4:30 PM
Whatcom County Public Defender’s Office is recruiting for a Deputy I
Primary Duties Include:
- Acts as court-appointed counsel representing individuals accused of misdemeanors or felonies in superior, district and juvenile courts.
- Represents appointed clients in all phases of criminal proceedings, including arraignment, pretrial hearings, trial preparation, plea negotiations, trial and sentencing.
- Responsible for the investigation and preparation of each case assigned.
- Represents indigents in involuntary commitment proceedings and dependency proceedings.
- Primary caseload consists of misdemeanor, juvenile, or felony cases based upon experience.
- Assists management and other staff, as directed. Complies with legal standards and requirements.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Must be a current member in good standing of the Washington State Bar Association, OR must be a current member in good standing of another State Bar Association AND must become a member of the Washington State Bar Association by passing the next Washington State Bar exam.
Spanish language fluency is desired.
Background Check must meet County Criteria for criminal justice positions.
Must have a driving record that meets County standards and possess a valid driver’s license at time of hire and throughout employment.
To apply click here: http://www.whatcomcounty.us/jobs
Whatcom County is an Equal Opportunity Employer