Salary: Deputy I: $5,253 – $7,187 per month Closing Date: November 19, at 4:30 PM
Hiring rate depends on qualifications
- Acts as court-appointed counsel representing individuals accused of misdemeanors or felonies in superior, district and juvenile courts.
- Represents appointed clients in all phases of criminal proceedings, including arraignment, pretrial hearings, trial preparation, plea negotiations, trial and sentencing.
- Responsible for the investigation and preparation of each case assigned.
- Represents indigents in involuntary commitment proceedings and dependency proceedings.
- Primary caseload consists of misdemeanor, juvenile, or felony cases based upon experience.
- Assists management and other staff, as directed. Complies with legal standards and requirements.
- Must be a current member in good standing of the Washington State Bar Association (or current member in good standing of another State Bar Association and passing the next Washington State Bar exam).
- Spanish language fluency is desired
- Background Check must meet County Criteria for criminal justice positions.
- Must have a driving record that meets County standards and possess a valid Washington State driver’s license at time of hire and throughout employment.
Whatcom County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply: Please visit their website http://www.whatcomcounty.us/jobs