Whatcom County Public Defender’s Office is currently recruiting for two experienced Deputy II attorneys to fill key roles in the department.
• One position is a 1.0 full time budget ongoing position.
• One position is a 1.0 full time grant funded position. Grant funding for this position is currently through December 31, 2022.
Primary Duties Include:
• Acts as court-appointed counsel representing individuals accused of misdemeanors or felonies in superior, district and juvenile courts.
• Represents appointed clients in all phases of criminal proceedings, including arraignment, pretrial hearings, trial preparation, plea negotiations, trial and sentencing.
• Responsible for the investigation and preparation of each case assigned.
• Primary caseload consists of misdemeanor, juvenile, or felony cases based upon experience.
• Assists management and other staff, as directed. Complies with legal standards and requirement
For further information, including instructions on how to apply, click here.