Salary: Deputy I: $5,253 – $7,187 per month Closing Date: December 3rd, 2019, at 4:30 PM Hiring rate depends on qualifications
Please note: There will be a salary increase for this position of 3% beginning January 1st, 2020
($5,410.59 – $7,402.61)
· Acts as court-appointed counsel representing individuals accused of misdemeanors or felonies in superior, district and juvenile courts.
· Represents appointed clients in all phases of criminal proceedings, including arraignment, pretrial hearings, trial preparation, plea negotiations, trial and sentencing.
· Responsible for the investigation and preparation of each case assigned.
· Represents indigents in involuntary commitment proceedings and dependency proceedings.
· Primary caseload consists of misdemeanor, juvenile, or felony cases based upon experience.
· Assists management and other staff, as directed. Complies with legal standards and requirements.
· Must be a current member in good standing of the Washington State Bar Association (or current member in good standing of another State Bar Association and passing the next Washington State Bar exam).
Spanish language fluency is desired
Background Check must meet County Criteria for criminal justice positions.
Must have a driving record that meets County standards and possess a valid Washington State driver’s license at time of hire and throughout employment.