- How to effectively research ethical issues with speaker Rob Mead of the Washington State Law Library and former public defender in New Mexico.
- Learn about ethical obligations around victim communication with Nate Poston from Counsel of Public Defense of Spokane.
- How to be competent counsel in a NGRI (not guilty by reason of insanity) hearing. This session will feature attorney Kari Reardon, Jennifer Bartlett of Snohomish County Public Defense Association, and Shoshana Kehoe-Ehlers of the statewide Office of Public Defense.
- Hear from community ambassadors from Community Passageways about communication with your client and community.
- Explore how to be competent counsel when a client is found to be or is likely not competent in criminal proceedings with Kendra Lotstein of Asotin County.
- Understand and learn about the newest felony sentencing alternative, the mental health sentencing alternative, with Kari Reardon and WDA’s felony resource attorney Cindy Arends Elsberry.
We look forward to seeing you all on December 17th and for those who are not able to attend, these sessions will be recorded.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with ““Ethics Conference” in the subject line to sign up.