- How to effectively research ethical issues with speaker Rob Mead of the Washington State Law Library and former public defender in New Mexico.
- Learn about ethical obligations around victim communication with Nate Poston from Counsel of Public Defense of Spokane.
- How to be competent counsel in a NGRI (not guilty by reason of insanity) hearing. This session will feature attorney Kari Reardon, Jennifer Bartlett of Snohomish County Public Defense Association, and Shoshana Kehoe-Ehlers of the statewide Office of Public Defense.
- Hear from community ambassadors from Community Passageways about communication with your client and community.
- Explore how to be competent counsel when a client is found to be or is likely not competent in criminal proceedings with Kendra Lotstein of Asotin County.
- Understand and learn about the newest felony sentencing alternative, the mental health sentencing alternative, with Kari Reardon and WDA’s felony resource attorney Cindy Arends Elsberry.
For a full schedule, Click here.
We look forward to seeing you all on December 17th and for those who are not able to attend, these sessions will be recorded.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with ““Ethics Conference” in the subject line to sign up.