Finding Legal Help

Finding Legal Help

Washington Defender Association provides links on this website for your convenience. This list of resources is not intended to be exhaustive. Inclusion of a link on this page is not an endorsement of the site or a guarantee of the accuracy of the information found there. WDA does not provide direct legal representation and cannot provide legal advice to non-members.

My loved one is incarcerated in Washington State, how do I find my incarcerated loved one?


  • I know my attorney’s name, how do I find that particular attorney’s contact information? 

Click drop down menu labelled “LEGAL DIRECTORY” 



  • I know that my attorney is a public defender, how do I contact the state or federal public defender office?

The state link includes a list of public defender offices who provide indigent defense across Washington state.  Some counties and cities have hired independent contractors to provide indigent defense services in their courts.      If you do not find the defender office serving the court, where you or someone you care about has a court hearing, please contact the court in which the charges are filed.


  • How can I find legal help?

For help identifying your legal problem, or learn about your legal rights.

For legal assistance in Washington State that is free, low cost, or reduced fee

For legal assistance on appeal