Our technical assistance program for felony and misdemeanor attorneys is supported by funding from the Washington State Office of Public Defense. Technical assistance is available for all court-appointed attorneys on felony and misdemeanor cases, regardless of WDA membership.
Our resource attorney can help with your public defense cases in a variety of ways:
- Helping spot issues that may benefit your clients at all stages of their cases;
- Shaping arguments for pre-trial motions and evidentiary issues that may arise during trial;
- Researching procedural issues;
- Brainstorming trial and sentencing strategies; and
- Providing sample motions, forms and practice advisories.
In addition, the resource attorneys monitor our listservs dedicated to their speciality areas. The listserv provides a forum for attorneys to discuss legal and strategic issues and to compare notes on the practice of court in different parts of the state. Resource attorneys post case law updates and practice advisories to the list, as well. Click here for more Listserv Information. Click here for our Listserv Signup.
The resource attorneys can be reached by phone at 206-623-4321 or by e-mail.
Note: Case assistance is only available to attorneys. WDA cannot provide legal advice or representation directly to those accused of crimes or subject to criminal charges.