WDA’s misdemeanor expert Magda Baker is available to help with your misdemeanor cases.
Magda is WDA’s Misdemeanor Resource Attorney. She lends expertise and legal assistance to public defenders throughout Washington and helps defenders vigorously advocate for their clients. Magda has contributed to numerous motions and brainstormed trial strategies on many cases in multiple jurisdictions. Defenders statewide use Magda’s comprehensive 3.6 motion as a starting point for briefing issues related to search and seizure. Before joining WDA in 2005, Magda represented public defense clients at both the trial and appellate levels. She believes helping public defenders is important because she could not have zealously defended her former clients without the generous and abundant support of other attorneys. You can reach Magda by calling WDA or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
WDA’s Misdemeanor Case Assistance Project: How it works
Magda can help with your public defense cases in a variety of ways:
- Helping spot issues that may benefit your clients at all stages of their cases;
- Shaping arguments for pre-trial motions and evidentiary issues that may arise during trial;
- Researching procedural issues;
- Brainstorming trial and sentencing strategies; and
- Providing sample motions, forms and practice advisories.
Members can also search our resource library for practice advisories and briefs related to misdemeanors.