Case Support

Practice Tools for Child Caregiving Arrangements, Visits, & Services

Making Child Caregiving Arrangements When A Parent Becomes or Is Incarcerated


Using Power of Attorney for Parental Caregiving

A Guide to Making Care Arrangements for Minor Children-docx

Power of Attorney (POA) for Parents (Northwest Justice Project link)


*NEW* Minor Guardianship Law Resources


Non-Parental Custody is Changing to Minor Guardianship  (external link)

If You are a Parent in Minor Guardianship, You can Ask for a Lawyer  (external link)


Court Process Resources

New Minor Guardianship Law effective January 1, 2021 Frequently Asked Questions (Administrative Office of the Courts) (external link)

File a Minor Guardianship  (external link)

Responding to Minor Guardianship  (external link)

Minor Guardianship of Native American children  (external link)


Parent-Child Visits-WA State DOC

Photographs of DOC contact visiting rooms-pptx

Washington State Visiting Policies for Minors

Parent-Child Visits-WA State Jails

Washington State Visiting Policies for Minors


Resources for Parent-Child Video Chats

Top 5 Tips for video chat with young children (external link)

Tips for Video Chatting with Young Children (external link)



WA State OPD Expert & litigation Costs Policy & Procedure (external link)

Statewide List of DCYF Contract Providers Willing to Go Into Jails or Prisons   (pdf)

List of Parenting Support & Training at DCYF (docx)

Resources on Psychological Evaluation in Child Welfare Cases (multiple resources)

DCYF Contracted Services (referrals, fee tables, and forms)  (external link)

DCYF Evidence Based Practices List (description of services) (external link)

DCYF Sole Source Contracts (public notice page) (external link)