- Entangled Roots: The Role of Race in Policies that Separate Families – Center for the Study of Social Policy (2018) – Policy Report
This report discusses the underpinnings of government actions that cause forced or involuntary family separation in the United States along with the intended and unintended consequences from those actions on children.
- Trauma of Separation – The Institute for the History of Psychiatry at Weill Cornell (2018)- pdf
Compiled by medical researchers at Cornell University’s medical college, advocates may find it a useful tool for educating decision-makers and policy-makers on behalf of separated families, separated children, or incarcerated parents. This well-sourced fact sheet details the medical aspects of the trauma of child separation.
- THE COST OF THE GOVERNMENT’S FAILURE TO PROTECT CHILDREN WITNESSING PARENTAL ARREST AND DETAINMENT – 7 American University Business Law Review 199 (2018) – Abstract
- American Families Shouldn’t Be Separated, Either – Bloomberg News – Tyler Cowen (2018) – Opinion article
- All About the U.S. Separating Families at Its Border – Bloomberg News – Arit John and Jennifer Epstein (2018) – Article
Family Separations Happen Within Our Borders, Too – Slate.com – Nora McCarthy (2018) – Article
- The Trump administration’s separation of families at the border, explained – Vox – Dara Lind (2018) – Article
- The History of Child Snatching – NY Times – Tera W. Hunter (2018) – Opinion article